September 15, 2010


its corn harvesting season! i picked most of mine and now am going to get to work freezing it!
it is supposed to freeze here tonight so i picked all the zuchinni, corn, cucumbers and spaghetti squash.



this is Adolf Nordin and Dorothy Dahlberg , my grandparents (on the left), my grandpa's sisters beside....oh! i just noticed another girl hiding in the corn! wow, can you see her? its gotta be another sister.




I love how old photos are almost always taken out doors! i guess because they didn't have flashes?



even in the winter...

this one was labeled "courting days"

















lookit my dad gettin wood from the pile!
so cute.
I can't wait until my daughter is getting wood from the pile.






















simple details of day to day life, the clothes on the line...
some of those look like diapers

















this looks like hard work!
chuking those huge heavy bales up into the hayloft

this barn is still standing strong on our farm.
the cat's always had their kittens up there.
and, my auntie had her wedding dance up there! how AAwesome is THAT!?









Here's gramma and grampa with the foundation of the barn























oh, how I wish i could just zoom bak to then, to see what its like to live simply and sustainably.
to see what community is really like.
back when people were more important than things...
when work was just as fun as play because you were surrounded by your friends and family thru it all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...