August 23, 2011

healthy tasty zucchini patties




This time of year is the one where you might be wondering:
"what the *^$% am I going to do with all this Zuchinni?!?!"

well here's one fantastic idea. these puppies are so dang tastey and full of nutrition!


the recipe comes from my hometown's cookbook :
" Buchanan Centennial Cookbook 1907-2007"
its my "good old cookbook that you consult for almost everything"

then I added and changed a couple things in the name of protein

here it is, get a pen.

Zuchinni Patties

1c. flour (i used half organic white and half spelt)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. margerine or oil (I used olive oil)
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
(a vegan option is Daiya vegan cheese -or any vegan cheese, but I LOVE daiya cheese!)
1/2 c. grated onion
2 c. grated zucchini
1 c. smashed chick peas
( my addition. if you do not use this, put one more cup zucchini)

2 free run eggs, well beaten
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)

Sift flour, baking powder and salt; cut in margarine. Mix remaining ingredients. Heat oil in skillet. Place mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil and fry until golden brown on medium.

we dipped ours in plain yogurt. ketchup is always good too!
I fed this to three kids under the age of 4 today and they all gobbled it up happily!


what are you doing with your zucchini?!





1 comment:

Amanda said...

This looks delicious! Could you send me an email? I want to send you all the details for the Artist Trading Card swap. amanda @ karmama.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...